Reaching us is a very straight forward procedure, but there are a few important points you have to take into consideration whilst planning your trip;
- You have to spend a night in Kupang on the way to Rote, and on the way back. Because of this we suggest you spend a minimum of 5 nights on the island to make your trip worthwhile.
-We recomend flying with Garuda Indonesia. There are daily flights between Bali and Kupang, and you can book via there website www.garuda-indonesia.com/us/ or call their hotline: 08041807807 or +62(021)23519999. The cost is usually between 500,00 and 800,00 RP each way. Other airlines: Merpati, Lion Air, Transnusa. A good app to download is Indonesia Flights.
- Once in Kupang there are a few options for accommodation. The refurfbished Kristal Hotel, at around $75, is your most expensive choice, with hot showers, aircon, TV,Pool etc. It is further out of town than the others though. There is a new Hotel called La Hacienda which we have heard very good reports about. Its western run and very clean with good food www.hotellahasienda.com. Cheaper and a short walk from the night market, bars and banks you have the Maliana and Maya. They both cost around $20 for aircon rooms. The Maliana offers twin and double rooms, either with fan or aircon and with TV's. Mandi's for bathing are cold water only! You can call or SMS Bobby the owner on +628123765265
Lastly you could choose to stay at a homestay with a local family. He will organise all your transfers and tickets. He speaks good english and knows the score. He is however a little overpriced at $60 + per couple. His name is Domingus and his number is +62813393555530
- Wherever you choose to stay, they will be able to organise your ferry tickets and transport to the port in the morning.
- The ferry leaves at 8.30 and takes 2 hours
- If you have booked to stay with us, we will send Dula to collect you from the ferry terminal. This costs 250,000 and you can pay him directly, as we don't charge for this. If you wish to split the costs with other travels, Dula will drop them off along the way.
- It takes a little over an hour to reach us.
click map for google earth location