Reaching us is a very simple process, however, there are a few things that you should take into consideration before booking:
- The ferry leaves from Kupang to Rote once a day at 8.30am. It returns from Rote back to Kupang at about 11am. The crossing takes around two hours. There is a Garuda flight leaving Kupang at 16.00 hrs back to Bali enabling you to get back to Bali in a day.
- There are a few options for accommodation in Kupang: Hotel La Hasienda comes highly recommended, with free pick up from the airport, good food, clean and comfortable accommodation. German owned. They also offer transport to the ferry and can organise ferry and plane tickets. Check them out at www.hotellahasienda.com. Hotel Maliana is a bit more basic with cold water, Indonesian style bathrooms and may score slightly lower on the comfort scale. However, it is very central, cheap ( around $20US for a room with air conditioning) and Bobby the owner will also help to arrange onward travel such as ferry and plane tickets and taxis to the ferry etc. You can SMS to book a room +628123765265. The Kristal Hotel is one of the biggest in the city, and like La Hasienda is located slightly out of town. At about $75US a night, it's not cheap but it is clean and fairly comfortable if not a little soulless. A further option is to stay in a homestay run by a local chap called Dominguus and his wife. Again, he can organise all your onward travel, and he speaks good English. You can contact him on +62 81 39355530.
- To get to Kupang we recommend flying with Garuda Indonesia. There are daily flights between Bali and Kupang, and you can book via their website: www.garuda-indonesia.com/us/ or call their hotline: 08041807807 or +62(021)23519999. The cost is usually between 500,00 and 800,00 RP each way. Other airlines: Merpati, Lion Air, Transnusa. A good app to download is Indonesia Flights.
- If you have booked to stay with us we will send Dula to collect you from the ferry terminal. This costs 330,000RP, and you can pay him directly (as we don't take any of this). If you wish to split the costs with other travels, Dula will drop them off along the way.
- It takes a little over an hour to reach us from the ferry. Happy Travels!
click map for google earth location